Antonio Mariani Bass Violin
Full cut 3/4 Size, Violin-cornered, Round-back Model
Made in Pesaro, Italy c. 1680
- Back table is two-piece slab cut poplar
- Ribs of matching poplar to that of the back table
- Scroll is original of plain grain poplar with a figured maple neck graft
- Individual brass tuning gears mounted on a brass plate
- Varnish is deep brownish amber
This magnificent work of Mariani has been reduced in size slightly ,but is
in quite excellent condition. This fine Bass offers a most dark lush quality of sound, with
great projection; even in all registers; fine orchestral or solo instrument
- Excellent condition
- Overall body length: 42 1/4 in.
- Width at the upper bout: 20 3/4 in.
- Width at the center bout: 15 1/2 in.
- Width at the lower bout: 25 1/4 in.
- Mensure (string length): 41 in.
- Kolstein padded cover included with purchase