Attributed 18th Century Bass Violin
to the School of Paolo Antonis Testore Workmanship.
Made in Milan, Italy circa 1760.
The Bass Is Formerly the Property
of Phillips Sklar, Formerly the Principle of Nbc Symphony Tuscinini Orchestra.
The Bass Is a 3/4 Gamba Shapped
Flat Back Model.
- The Top Table Is Two Piece
Sectional Plate of Slab Cut Fur.
- The Back Table Is a 1 Piece
Sectional Plate of Slab Cut of Poplar.
- The Ribs Are of Matching
Poplar to That of the Back Table.
- The Neck and Scroll Are of
a Later Period Made from Poplar.
- The Gears Are Individual
Brass Busan Tuning Gears.
- The Varnish Is a Deep Reddish
- Overall Body Length 44″
- Width at the Upper Bout18-1/2″
- Width at the Center Bout
- Width at the Lower Bout 23-7/8″
- Mensure 41-1/4 “