4B3371 Gabriel Jacquet Bass Violin
Modified 7/8th Size, Gamba Shaped, Flatback Model
Made in Mirecourt, France c. 1870
- Top table is a two-piece plate of medium to wide grained spruce
- Back table is a two-piece plate of slight figured maple
- Ribs of matching maple to that of the back table
- Scroll and neck are original of plain grained maple. The bass presently has a Low C-string extension.
- Gears are French Amber knobbed individual tuning gears.
- Varnish is an amber brown color
- Excellent condition
- This is a fine example of Jacquet workmanship. The bass has fine orchestral and equally fine jazz qualities. An extremely impressive bass.
- Overall body length: 44 3/4 in.
- Width at the upper bout: 20 1/2 in.
- Width at the center bout: 15 1/4 in.
- Width at the lower bout: 25 3/4 in.
- Mensure (string length): 41 3/4 in.