Johann Ulrich Ficktl Violin
Made in Mittenwald, Germany c. 1770
Top table is two-piece sectional plate of fine vertical grain spruce
Back table is a two piece sectional plate of moderate flamed maple with flame slightly descending
Ribs are matching chracter maple to that of the back table
Original neck and scroll of plain grained maple
Varnish is brownish amber color
Tonal qualities: Warm sweet quality of the sound
- Overall body length: 354 mm.
- Width at the upper bout: 162 mm.
- Width at the center bout: 116mm.
- Width at the lower bout: 200 mm.
- New plush, oblong suspension case
included with purchase