Markneukerchen German Viola 15 3/4″
Made in Markneukerchen, Germany c. later part of nineteenth century
Top table is two-piece sectional plate of wide vertical grained spruce
Back table is two piece sectional plate of moderate flamed maple, with an ebony half moon
insert at neck block button
Ribs are of matching chracter maple to that of the back table
Original scroll of plain grained maple with a moderately flamed maple neck graft
Varnish is deep reddish brown
Tonal qualities: Very powerful dark quality of sound… great ease of playing.
- Overall body length: 15 3/4
- Width at the upper bout: 205 mm.
- Width at the center bout: 140 mm.
- Width at the lower bout: 243 mm.
- New plush, shaped suspension case
included with purchase