Pietro Messori Cello
Made in Moderna, Italy c. 1930
Labeled within and branded on the neckblock of the cello.
Hear audio of this fine instrument here:
- Top table is two-piece medium vertical grained spruce
- Back table is two-piece highly flamed maple with the flames descending slightly from the center joint
- Ribs of matching maple to that of the back table
- Scroll and neck are original of moderately flamed maple
- Varnish is deep reddish brown with amber hues
- Extremely strong, even projecting cello; most impressive in all playing and appearance aspects
- Excellent condition
- Overall body length: 76 cm.
- Width at the upper bout: 35.2 cm.
- Width at the center bout: 24.8 cm.
- Width at the lower bout: 44.8 cm.