Abraham Prescott Bass Violin
Full 7/8 Size, Busetto Styled Corner Blocks, Flat Back Model
Made in Concord, New Hampshire circa 1820
- Top table is a six-piece modified slab cut pine.
- Back table is a two-piece plate of moderately flamed maple with flame slightly descending at the center joint.
- Ribs of matching character maple to that of the back table and there are maple outer moldings on the ribs adjacent to the top and back table.
- Scroll is original of plain grain maple with a highly flamed maple neck graft.
- The gears are brass Baker model gears.
- Varnish is deep reddish brown
- Excellent condition
- Magnificent Orchestral Bass with even, robust and projectioin all registers
- Overall body length: 47 1/4 in.
- Width at the upper bout: 21 in.
- Width at the center bout: 15 7/8 in.
- Width at the lower bout: 28 7/8 in.
- Mensure 41 7/8 in.
- Kolstein padded cover included with purchase