Abraham Prescott Cello
made in Concord, New Hampshire, circa 1810.
- The Cello is 4/4 Size
- The top table is a four piece plate of medium vertical grain spruce
- The back table is a four piece plate of moderately flamed maple
- Ribs are of matching character maple to that of the back table
- The scroll is original of slight figured maple with a moderately flamed maple neck graft
- Varnish is a deep brownish amber color with reddish hues
The Cello is in excellent condition, fully restored in the Kolstein shop
with a deep lush quality sound…very even in all registers and extremely strong projection.
- Overall body length: 78 cm.
- Width at the upper bout: 35.2 cm.
- Width at the center bout: 25.5 cm
- Width at the lower bout: 44.7 cm.