Antonio Monzino Bass Violin
Modified Violin cornered, flatback model
Made in Milan, Italy circa 1910
- Top table is a two-piece table of fine vertical grained spruce
- Back table is a two-piece table of slightly figured poplar
- Ribs of matching character poplar to that of the back table
- Scroll is original of plain grain maple with a moderately figured maple neck graft
- Individual brass Baker style tuning gears
- Varnish is a deep reddish-brown
- Bearing the original maker’s label within
- Excellent condition with a deep lush tonal quality with very impressive projection in all registers
- Overall body length: 43 in.
- Width at the upper bout: 20 1/2 in.
- Width at the center bout: 14 3/4 in.
- Width at the lower bout: 251/2 in.
- Measure (string length): 411/2 in.
- Kolstein padded cover included with purchase