Attributed Turin Bass Violin
3/4 Size, Violin-cornered, Flatback Model
Made in Turin, Italy Circa Late 19th Century
- Top is a two piece sectional table of slab cut fir
- Back is a two piece sectional table of slab cut poplar
- Ribs of matching character poplar to that of the back tablewith poplar outer moulding adjoining the top and back tables
- Scroll is original of plain grain poplar with a plain grain maple neck graft
- Gears are French individual bone knob tuning gears of a later period.
- Varnish is a deep lush reddish brown color
The Bass is in excellent condition, fully restored in the Kolstein shop with amazing depth, projection and power in all registers of this instrument.
- Overall body length: 42 1/4 in.
- Width at the upper bout: 18 7/8 in.
- Width at the center bout: 13 1/2 in.
- Width at the lower bout: 22 1/2 in.
- Mensure (string length): 40 3/4 in.
Kolstein padded cover included with purchase