Copy of D. Busan Bass Violin
Made in the Style of the Italian
School of Violinmaking.
Made Early to Mid 20th
Full cut 7/8th size violin cornered round back
- Top table is two piece
plate of slab cut fir
- Back table is a two-piece plate of slab cut Black Poplar
high figured maple
- Ribs of matching character Poplar to that of the back table
- Original scroll of slight figured poplar with a moderately flamed maple neck graft
- Brass Individual Tuning gears
- Varnish is highly
antiqued deep reddish brown amber color
- This bass has had a detailed dendochronology study
accomplished by Cornell University with findings stating that the wood used was
from the first half of the 1700’s and most probably of Italian origin.
- This fine bass has a most amazing tonal quality synonymous with a Master Italian Bass Violin
- Fully restored to excellent condition.
- Overall body length: 45-1/2 in.
- Width at the upper bout: 21-1/2 in.
- Width at the center bout: 15 in.
- Width at the lower bout: 26-1/2 in.
- Mensure (String length): 41 7/8″