Gabriel Jacquet Bass Violin Made in
Mirecourt France circa 1860
The Instrument Is a 7/8 Size Gamba
Shaped Flatback Model.
- The Top Is a 2 Piece Plate
of Broad Flamed Spruce.
- The Back Table Is a Two Piece
Plate of Plain Maple with Moderately Flamed Maple Ribs.
- The Neck and Scroll Are Original
of Plain Grain Maple with Baker Style Tuning
- Gears Are Individual French
Tuning Gears. The Bass Is Equipt with a Fingered Extension.
- The Varnish Is a Light Reddish
- Overall Body Length 45″
- Width at the Upper Bout 21-1/2″
- Width at the Center Bout
- Width at the Lower Bout 26-3/4″
- Mensure 41-7/8″