Italian Bass Violin
attributed to the workmanship of the Antonio Gibertini Shop
made in Genoa, Italy, circa 1840.
- The Bass is 3/4 Size, Violin-cornered, Flatback Model
- The top table is a three piece plate of fir ranging from slab cut in center section to partial quarter sawn on the outer flank sections
- The back table is a two piece plate of slab cut poplar with matching character poplar ribs to that of the back table
- The scroll and neck are both original of plain grain poplar
- The gears are individual brass Baker tuning gears
- Varnish is a deep reddish brown color
The Bass is in excellent condition, fully restored in the Kolstein shop
with a deep lush quality sound. A truly excellent orchestral or solo bass of quality.
- Overall body length: 40 1/4 in..
- Width at the upper bout: 17 in.
- Width at the center bout: 12 3/4 in.
- Width at the lower bout: 23 1/4 in.
- Mensure (string length): 40 in.
Kolstein padded cover included with purchase