John Osborne Bass Violin of English
Origin Made in London, England circa 1887
Is the Work of John Osborne and Is
So Labeled Within.
The Bass Is a 7/8 Size Gamba
Shaped Flatback Model.
- The Top Table Is a Six-piece
Plate of Spruce Ranging in Grain from Slab at the Center to a Moderate Slab Cut at the Outer
- The Back Table Is a Two-piece
Slab Cut of Sycamore.
- The Ribs Are of Matching
Sycamore to That of the Back Table.
- The Neck and Scroll Are Original
of Maple with Individual English Brass Baker Gears Mounted on Brass Plates.
- The Color of the Varnish
Is a Light Brown Amber.
- The Instrument Is in Mint
- Overall Body Length 47-1/2″
- Width at the Upper Bout 21-1/2″
- Width at the Center Bout
- Width at the Lower Bout 28-5/8″
- Mensure 41-7/8