Late 19th Century Bohemian Bass Violin
made circa 1890.
- The Bass is full cut 3/4 Size, Gamba-cornered, Roundback Model
- The top table is a two piece plate of medium vertical grain spruce
- The back table is a two piece plate of moderately flamed maple with matching character maple ribs to that of the back table
- The scroll and neck are both original of moderately figured maple
- The gears are plate tuning gears
- Varnish is a deep reddish brown color
The Bass is in excellent condition, fully restored in the Kolstein shop
A truly great orchestral and pizz quality of sound.
- Overall body length: 44 in..
- Width at the upper bout: 21 3/4 in.
- Width at the center bout: 15 1/2 in.
- Width at the lower bout: 26 1/2 in.
- Mensure (string length): 41 5/8 in.
Kolstein padded cover included with purchase