Saxon Bass Violin
Made in Southern Germany
- Full cut 3/4 size, gamba shaped, round back model
- Top: 2 piece plate of medium vertical grained spruce
- Back: 2 piece sectional table of modified flamed maple
- Ribs: matching character maple to that of the back table
- Gears: inlaid individual brass tuners
- Neck and Scroll: Both are original of slight figured maple
- Varnish: Deep reddish-brown
- Condition of Bass is excellent.
- This instrument has an amazing tonal quality for both Jazz and Orchestral playing …great depth of sound, as well as impressive power.
- Overall Body Length: 44-1/2″
- Width at upper bout: 20-1/4″
- Width at center bout: 14-1/2″
- Width at lower bout: 26″
- Measure: 42-1/4″