Thibouville Lamy Bass Violin
Made in Paris, France, Circa 1870
7/8th size, violin cornered, flat back model
- Top is a two piece plate
of medium vertical grained spruce.
- Back is a two piece plate
of broad flamed maple with the flames ascending from the center joint.
- Ribs: matching character
maple to that of the back table.
- Neck & Scroll are both
original of planer grained maple
- Gears: individual French
- Varnish: a transparent brownish
- This fine example of Thiboville
Lamy workmanship offers wonnderful sonority , great projection and depth of sound. A trulyu
- great sounding bass.
- Overall Body Length 44-3/8″
- Width across the upper bout:21″
- Width across the center
- Width across the lower bout:26-3/4″
- Mensure: 41 5/8″