Tyrolean Bass Violin of Tyrolean Origin
Made circa 1880
- The Top Table Is a Two Piece Plate
of Medium Vertical Grained Spruce
- The Back Table Is a Two Piece
Plate of Moderately Flamed Maple Slightly Descending at the Center Joints.
- The Ribs Are of Matching
Maple to That of the Back Table with Maple Outer Molding Adjoining the Back Tables.
- The Neck and Scroll Are Original
of Plain Grained Maple.
- The Gears Are German Brass
Plate Tuning Gears
- Varnish Is a Reddish Brown
with Amber Hues
- The Bass Is in Excellent
- Overall Body Length 44″
- Width at the Upper Bout 20-1/2″
- Width at the Center Bout
- Width at the Lower Bout 26-1/4″
- Mensure 41-7/8″