Auguste Martin Gemunder Bass Violin
Sale Currently Unavailable
Regular price $0.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
Auguste Martin Gemunder Bass Violin made in New York, circa 1880 ( and so labeled within)
- The instrument is a large seven-eighth size, round back, violin cornered model Bass Violin
- The top table is a two-piece plate of fine vertical grained spruce
- The back table is of two-piece widely flamed maple
- Ribs are of matching character to the back table
- The scroll is original and a new neck has been grafted on of maple
- The gears are individual brass gears attached two to each cheek of the scroll
- "Auguste Gemunder" is stamped on the button at the upper section adjoining the neck
- The varnish is a reddish brown amber
- This Bass Violin is a spectacular example of Auguste Germunder workmanship. This fine instrument is a truly amazing orchestral bass of the finest tonal qualities, featuring great depth. a huge orchestral sound and great projection in all registers.
- Mint condition
- Overall body length: 47 1/2"
- Width at the upper bout: 20"
- Width at the center bout: 14 3/4"
- Width at the lower bout: 26 3/4"
- Mensure 42"