Old English Attributed to the Tarr School Bass Violin
Sale Currently Unavailable
Regular price $0.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
Old English Bass Violin Attributed to the Tarr School 3/4 Size, slope shoulder, gamba flatback mode English origin, circa 1840
- Top table is a two-piece sectional plate of slab cut English pine
- Back table is a two-piece sectional plate of slightly figured Sycamore
- Ribs of matching character to the back table
- Scroll is original of plain grain sycamore with a moderately flamed maple neck graft
- Varnish is a deep brownish amber color
- Gears are individual brass rococco style tuning gears mounted on a brass plate
- This instrument has a strong projecting deep lush quality. It is excellent for orchestral or solo purposes
- Restored to excellent condition
- Overall body length: 43"
- Width at the upper bout: 19 1/4"
- Width at the center bout: 13 3/4"
- Width at the lower bout: 28 1/4"
- Mensure (string length): 40 3/4"