Luigi Mantovani Bass Violin
Sale Currently Unavailable
Regular price $0.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
B2889 Luigi Mantovani Bass Violin Made in Parma, Italy Circa 1800
- 7/8th size, Violin cornered, flat back model
- Top is a four piece sectional plate of slab cut fir
- Back is a two piece sectional plate of slab cut willow
- Ribs: matching character willow to that of the back table.
- The scroll is original of slab cut poplar with a highly seasoned maple neck graft.
- Gears are individual Mantovani individual brass tuning gears.
- Varnish: deep reddish brown.
- The Instrument bears the makers label within “Luigi Mantovani”.
- The fine bass offer “old world” Italian workmanship, estheticall and tonally. This is a first class orchestral bass in every aspect.
- Overall body length: 44-1/2"
- Width across the upper bout: 20"
- Width across the center bout:15-1/8"
- Width across the lower bout: 25-5/8"
- Mensure: 41 1/2"