John Osborne Bass Violin circa-1887
Sale Currently Unavailable
Regular price $0.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
SOLDJohn Osborne Bass Violin of English Origin Made in London, England circa 1887 Is the Work of John Osborne and Is So Labeled Within. The Bass Is a 7/8 Size Gamba Shaped Flatback Model.
- The Top Table Is a Six-piece Plate of Spruce Ranging in Grain from Slab at the Center to a Moderate Slab Cut at the Outer Flanks.
- The Back Table Is a Two-piece Slab Cut of Sycamore.
- The Ribs Are of Matching Sycamore to That of the Back Table.
- The Neck and Scroll Are Original of Maple with Individual English Brass Baker Gears Mounted on Brass Plates.
- The Color of the Varnish Is a Light Brown Amber.
- The Instrument Is in Mint Condition.
- Overall Body Length 47-1/2"
- Width at the Upper Bout 21-1/2"
- Width at the Center Bout 16-1/4"
- Width at the Lower Bout 28-5/8"
- Mensure 41-7/8