Johannes Theodore Cuypers Attributed Bass Violin circa-1750-to-1770
Sale Currently Unavailable
Regular price $0.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
Attributed Johannes Theodore Cuypers Bass Violin of Dutch Origin Made circa 1750 to 1770. 7/8 Size Violin Cornered Swell Back Model Bass Violin
- The Top Table Is a Six Piece Sectional Table of Medium Vertical Grain Spruce.
- The Back Table Is a Five Piece Sectional Table of Plain Grain Maple Cut on the Partial Slab.
- Both the Top and Back Tables Are Unpurfled.
- The Ribs Are of Matching Character Maple to That of the Back Table.
- The Scroll Is of Dutch Origin but Possibly of a Later Period Made by Another Maker with a Plain Grain Maple Neck Graft.
- The Varnish Is a Wonderful Transparent Light Amber Brown Color Typical to the Cuypers Varnish.
- Overall Body Length 44"
- Width at the Upper Bout 20-1/2"
- Width at the Center Bout 15-3/4"width at the Lower Bout 26-3/4"
- Mensure 41-7/8