English 19th Century Bass Violin
Couldn't load pickup availability
19th Century English Bass Violin
Modified 7/8 Size, Violin-cornered, Round-back Model
Made in England c. 1850
- Top table is a two-piece plate of fine vertical grained spruce
- Back table is a two-piece plate of soft English maple
- Ribs of matching maple to that of the back table with maple outer moldings adjoining the top and back tables
- Scroll and neck are original of moderately flamed maple
- Baker style tuning gears mounted on decorative brass plates
- Varnish is deep reddish brown
- This bass has a dark, lush sound with strong projection even in all registers; excellent solo and orchestral capabilities
- Fully restored to excellent condition by Kolstein & Son, Ltd.
- Overall body length: 43 1/2 in.
- Width at the upper bout: 20 1/2 in.
- Width at the center bout: 14 1/2 in.
- Width at the lower bout: 25 1/4 in.
- Mensure (string length): 42 in.