Saxon 19th Century Bass Violin
Couldn't load pickup availability
19th Century Saxon Bass Violin
Full-cut 3/4 Size, Gamba Shaped, Round Back
Made in Germany
- Top table is a two-piece plate of fine vertical grained spruce
- Back table is a two-piece plate of highly flamed maple
- Ribs of moderately flamed maple with maple outer moldings adjoining both the back and top tables
- Scroll and neck are original of broadly flamed maple
- German style brass plate tuners
- Varnish is a beautiful reddish amber
- Exceptional orchestral and jazz pizzicato qualities; strong projection, very even in all registers; most impressive orchestral and jazz bass
- Mint condition
- Overall body length: 43 in.
- Width at the upper bout: 20 3/8 in.
- Width at the center bout: 15 1/2 in.
- Width at the lower bout: 25 3/4 in.
- Mensure (string length): 41 3/4 in.