John Betts Bass
Sale Currently Unavailable
Regular price $100,000.00 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
This fine instrument is from the famous John Betts workshop in London c.1815. It certainly shows influence of the work of Bernhard Simon Fendt,who was working at this time for Betts. The instrument bears the maker’s label within.
The Bass is a 7/8th size, Violincornered, roundback model instrument.
- Top table is a three-piece sectional plate of fine grained spruce
- Back table is a two-piece plate of quarter cut English sycamore with a nice degree of figure.
- Ribs of matching English sycamore to that of the back table
- Original scroll of plain grain maple with a slight figured maple neck graft. The bass has a Low C string extension with individual closure capos.
- Traditional English brass Baker individual tuners mounted on brass plates, two tuners to a plate
- Varnish is yellow-brown with reddish hues
- Excellent condition
- This Bass has a most amazing orchestral quality with evenness and projection throughout all registers of the instrument.